Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thank you to everyone for your prayers ! After a long flight I have made it safely to South Africa . early morning tomorrow so more to write soon! Things I have already learned just from my flight include "lessons of entitlement" courtesy of my plane riding buddy and the myths we inherit as black people thinking about the motherland! Question for you all checking my blog, I would love to know what are the first words and images that come to mind when you think of AFRICA ? I'd love to hear your thoughts as I journèy so feel free to write in my comments section!

1 comment:

  1. Yunina! I hope you're having a lot of fun. I'm happy you're doing this blog because I'm doing it about 1% as big in America. I'm easily one of the people with the myths in the back of my head. Although I'm learned to think otherwise, the very first thing I think of about Africa is all scenes from Coming to America. I blame Eddie Murphy. Regardless, hanging out with Warren this past year(who may have been your plane riding buddy), he painted a much more humbling/relevant image of the country, to which I'm thankful!

    My best,

    Joey

    ReplyDelete